Monday, October 15, 2012

Well lets talk more on Dreadlocks, and how I've managed to take care of my Lovely Locs..Seemingly part 1 of many.



As I said, I have been growing mine for about 7 years. This is one of the first videos I made when my locs were younger. I am so proud of what I have learned through my growth. I have learned so much about myself and my hair along the way. I have learned what makes my hair grow fastest and what times of year my hair needs extra moisture. May I share my secrets about dreadlocks with you?

I'm Jocelyn, Queen GG, also known as Jocie-LadyJaydah-Awesome-PrincessJoyzmine (pronounced just like that)   I am a 29 year old married mother of 4 in Atlanta, Georgia. I have many creative hobbies such as reading, writing, making music and crafting, and I spend a lot of time with my growing family. I'm also an online student looking forward to my bachelors degree in a few years in Human Resources. I have a son who has special needs and I am always looking for ways to make the environment comfortable and peaceful for all those who share it based on my patience and understanding from many challenges of life's many lessons. I need things that make a difference in a positive, lasting way. This is why I chose to loc my hair. I started growing them when my children were infants to have a visual keepsake of their growth through me. What I have learned, I have added with this hairstyle a timeline of memories in it's growth. That's why I don't want to cut them, but rather trim them into the good branches of a fruitful tree. I will let my hair grow and mature in strength as I learn how to care for it, while managing my role in my whole family's growth and well-being. Lot's of times the growth radiates from within from what we obtain our energy from. My husband and I promote a more natural living and would like to rely on more natural resources than we do, so we have many kinds of ideas to implement in the future, as we plan for the growth ahead. There are many things I would love to learn more about based on my hobbies like with my jewelry making and with my lotions and baths that I wanted to start simple and not overwhelm myself.

I am a cuspian. I dabble in many things, and have a colorful memory with a very vivid imagination. As a gemini I am a communicator and and adventurer (lol miss scatterbrain :), while my cancarian is more reserved, graceful and motivated by chi.
I like to think of my locs as a real contributor to my added creativity, as now I have something to really unleash about in my privacy while I work on my other projects. When I started, I had no idea it would be the way it is. I sometimes thought that if I looked at pictures of people who had the length I wanted I would start to grow faster, and before I knew it my milestones were being overcome by time. I watched as my hair went past my ears and to my neck, on my shoulders, and now I'm just waiting for them to reach my elbows. I already feel them by my bra line in the back. My styles have changed since I started on my birthday 7 years ago and I am just now getting back to the way I was supposed to be taking care of my hair. I had a "dye" problem. I was interested in trying out different colors on my locs since it was so long and I had so many options in coloring my dreadlocks that I went a bit overboard, and now I have to make up for the damage I started in my locs. I know I have thinner than most locs without them being sister-locs and I can see that the advantages and versatility is at its max with my hair (I need someone who braids well in Atlanta so...) anyways I would like to try still so many styles with my type of hair.

So as I said I've been kinda speed writing this just so I can highlight some points to expound on later. Like
  • What made my hair grow fast when I had babylocs,
  • What I do in the winter to get the most out of moisturizing
  • How I shampoo and condition my locs and how often
  • What I have done to maximize my growth and keep the base of my hair loc tight without twisting
  • The benefits of interlocking dreadlocks
  • What loc products I use and the craziness with internet dreadlock products
There are other things I would like to write about as I said I am entering a new phase with the length of my locs and I would like to share these experiences here on my blog. If you have any ideas or topics that may be of interest to the discussions please let me know and I can add my thoughts to it in the coming days. More to come. 
Me
GG




No comments:

Post a Comment